Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Cornicopia Tale

I am definitely a lover of the Holidays and as the years go by I get more excited around Thanksgiving about all of the culinary challenges I set my self up for.  My kitchen becomes a workshop of masterpieces and I will admit a few failures. This year I was instantly inspired by a farmers market challenge the day before Thanksgiving. My inspiration came just in time as 5pm was approaching and the Farmers Market was about to close(The Grocery store produce was just not the same). As I ran up to a few of the last growers loading up their trucks I grabbed handfuls of the most beautiful produce! How could I not make a "Harvest Basket" as my thanksgiving gifts.

I rushed home with excitement and asked my boyfriend with some assistance with the dough. I could tell he had a little doubt in my idea to create a cornucopia out of bread, but in reality it was not very hard at all. I googled cornucopia and bread and their were dozens of tutorials to choose from.  A few hours later here was my first attempt.....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone












No comments:

Post a Comment