Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Brides Story

Enjoy this cute little story sent to me from one of my Brides who found me on Etsy
 
 I'm a list person. Everything about our wedding was written on multiple sticky notes and random sheets of paper. To-do lists, gift lists, vendor lists, packing lists. But sometimes, things don't make it on The Lists because I'm so certain they won't be forgotten. Like my wedding dress. It's such a "duh" item for a wedding, right? 

The night before our scheduled early wake-up (alarm was set for 4:28am), I realized the dress and veil I'd spent so much time searching for and having altered were both hanging in a guest room closet at home!! My sweet fiancé assured me that he would find someone to take the 90 minute trek to retrieve it before the morning—and that even if I had to wear sweat pants down the aisle, he'd say "I do." So immediately after the rehearsal dinner my younger brother and his girlfriend drove into the wee hours of the morning, and when my sister and I woke up groggily to the alarm, that beautiful dress bag was hanging in the hotel room. I have the best siblings in the world.
 
PRAISE!!
"Everyone loved the tree fingerprint guest book; I overheard several conversations about how unique it was. We got a chance to glance at it right before our send-off, and it was so neat to see the tiny signatures of our guests on top of the green inks! We already have a place to hang it in our first house as newlyweds. Thank you, Jen, for such a fantastic contribution to our special day."

Cheers!
Julianne Fowler
 
 Notice a miniature print of my tree next to the cake;)
 The Grooms Cake

 I love the stained glass along the walls, it is absolutely breathtaking.
"The cake was by The Cake Guys and, lemme tell ya, it was incredible. People kept telling us during and after that it was the best wedding cake they'd had. And I totally agree: in fact, it was the only place we tried. Sold after the first bite!"   - THE BRIDE


Credits:

Fingerprint Tress Guestbook Jennifer J Designs

Photography: can@turkstudio.net or call 214.789.1814

Cakes:   The Cake Guys

No comments:

Post a Comment